I’m so happy to hear about this! As a shelter volunteer, I have heard about a number of pets being surrendered to animal shelters after a pet parent unexpectedly passes. Family and friends have no idea what to do with your pet, or they may not have the ability to help take care of them. If your pet ends up in the shelter, then your pet is dealing with the loss of their best friend, home and people they are familiar with.
The Sacramento SPCA is offering a complimentary 90-minute Estate Planning Seminar with acclaimed special guest speaker Mark Drobny, Attorney at Law, Master of Laws (L.L.M.), Certified Specialist, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, and member of The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Topics for discussion will include:
- Introduction to wills and trusts
- Pet trusts
- Planning for your pets to be taken care of after you are gone
- How your advanced planning can enable the Sacramento SPCA to help other animals
- Retirement and tax planning strategies
- How to liquidate securities and real estate and pay no capital gains tax
- How to take IRA distributions and pay little or no income tax on them
You should definitely take advantage of this opportunity if you have no plans in place for your pets after your passing.
For more information or to register for the event click here.